I love my profession. I have been blessed, over the years, to have worked and interacted with so many wonderful people. Those relationships and friendships that have developed as a result of my professional path are long-lasting and rewarding.
Oral health is so vital to our overall health and really affects who we are as individuals. I am fortunate to be able to change someone’s appearance in a very positive way, and transform so much about their life, from how their bite works to how their smile looks. As a patient moves through treatment, I love to watch the changes in his or her self-esteem and how the person approaches the world with greater confidence.
I am honored by the fact that I am asked to care for multiple members and generations of families who have put their trust in me and my team. Each of them is important to me, and I thank them for their friendships.
Education and Pursuit of Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, Centre College (with honors)
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, University of Kentucky (with high distinction)
- Internship, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- General practice residency, University of Kentucky and Veterans Hospital
- Master of Science and Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Louisville (president of class and thesis published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics)
I am a strong advocate for continuing education in all professions, but especially in the oral healthcare fields. There are so many ongoing changes in technologies and developments in treatments, that I feel I must stay abreast of the new information and skills in order to continue providing my patients with the best care.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Kentucky Association of Orthodontists
I grew up in Lexington Kentucky and I have lived in this area for over 10 years. My husband Ryan and I have four children. My family is my highest priority and I spend much of my free time with them. I love swimming, running, and being outdoors. I also enjoy reading and traveling!